End-to-End Enterprise Solution for
Manufacturing and Engineering Companies
Manufacturing and Engineering companies that use SAP ERP often face challenges when using Product Data Management and Product Lifecycle Management within SAP. PRO.FILE PLM and DMStec for SAP follows another concept and differentiates best practice PLM and DMStec from best practice ERP. PRO.FILE focuses on managing all product and engineering related data, documents and processes while being bi-directionally integrated with SAP ERP
PRO.FILE PLM for SAP
SAP customers in particular have to make a key conceptual choice when selecting a PLM solution: Is running PLM within SAP ERP or running a dedicated PLM system that is integrated with SAP ERP a better solution for my company?
Every company has different requirements so there is no one answer but we believe running a dedicated PLM system such as PRO.FILE PLM that is bi-directionally integrated with SAP ERP, has many distinct advantages.
Advantages of PRO.FILE PLM for SAP
- PRO.FILE PLM for SAP was specifically designed and built for the needs of product/plant engineering and product/plant development whereas ERP are specifically built for the needs of production, purchasing, delivery and finance
- Manufacturing and Engineering companies that are focused on building and managing complex products/plants require a PLM system that was specifically designed for their requirements
- PRO.FILE PLM for SAP includes CAD Data Management, DMStec, PRO.CEED Application Packages and bi-directional integration with SAP ERP. It’s an all in one solution, from one company
- Configuration vs. Customization – PRO.FILE PLM for SAP is a 100% configurable “no code” solution. This dramatically reduces your implementation cost and the TCO (Total cost of ownership) and your time to go live is measured in months, not years
- A powerful API allows PRO.FILE customers to integrate other solutions and add apps as needed
PRO.FILE DMStec for SAP
- Document Process Control – If all your enterprise wide product/plant related data and documents are stored and managed centrally and are integrated with SAP, you can start automating process such as engineering change management
- Product Liability – If your company has a product liability issue you need to be able to show every document and email that is linked with the respective product, the assembly, sub-assembly and actual part regardless of which department generated the information
- Customer Satisfaction – If a customer contacts you with an issue, you need to be able to solve the issue as quickly as possible and therefore the customer’s product/plant data and documents need to be easily and quickly accessible
- Digital Thread – Whenever somebody in your company is looking for the right information that is connected with a particular machine, assembly or part and in the right version that is connected to a specific business process – they should be able to find it without asking the whole company or somebody that even left the company
Companies build products and plants so isn’t it logical that your product related data and documents should be directly connected with the structure of your products or plants?
- centralizes all your project related documents and key data in a Product Data Backbone
- connects each document with the structure of your products, equipment, facilities…
- provides SAP users on the shop floor with the most recent version of a released drawing and also access to other product related data and documents
- provides SAP users in purchasing with a fast and easy way to retrieve the most recent version of drawings and other important product, equipment and facility related data and documents
- provides the Customer Satisfaction department with a “single source of truth” for customer related product, equipment and facility data and documents
- allows your company to automate key processes such as engineering change management