DMStec– Document Management for manufacturing and engineering companies
On the path to Digitalization with DMStec
Key departments such as engineering, product management, sales, quality control and customer support all benefit from DMStec
DMStec builds a network of relationships that includes product related data and documents and provides each department with the ability to access and edit it based on their own requirements. That’s how you make digitalization happen
- Document control and document management that satisfies the needs of manufacturing and engineering companies
- Product related documents are unambiguously linked to their technical structures
- Document workflows that structure and automate your processes
- A Single source of truth for each document
- Interfaces with all major ERP systems
Product data and documents are processed by various departments across a company and with a wide variety of applications, DMStec provides seamless visibility down to the very last item
Working with DMStec
A document management system with different views
Design departments put together their view of native drawings, CAD models or wiring plans of a component.
- CAD models
- PCB layouts
- Exploded views
- Assembly / production reports
Project managers need a bird’s eye view from a project perspective.
- Project plans
- Meeting minutes
- Resource plans
- Customer / supplier correspondence
Sales teams need to be able to access contracts, orders, correspondence, customer complaints and technical documents such as a photo of a piece of machinery or a 3D model and see how these documents relate to the product structure they have sold. These requirements define their own specific view. Purchasing agents on the other hand structure their information by supplier and link it to the corresponding order/product or plant.
- Offers and contracts
- Purchase orders
The Quality Control department is the central location where product testing, adherence to material specifications, defect analyzation and insuring that the product meets the overall quality standards occur.
- Test Reports
- Raw Material reports
- Defect and deviation reports
Field technicians need to be provided with a digital representation, also known as the digital information twin, of the machinery they are working on. For example, if they are performing maintenance work and are tasked with repairing or replacing a pump, they need to be able to access any documents connected to that pump. With DMStec they can choose to implement a mobile app that allows them to do just that with the click of a button.
- Quality certificates
- Mounting instructions
- Commissioning instructions
- Delivery notes and installation instructions
- Maintenance contracts
- Warranty certificates
Document management with PRO.FILE
- Quick and controlled access to all documents in their most recent version
- Views tailored to the needs of the individual departments and processes
- Safe and secure storage and archiving
- Single source of truth for each document (eliminating duplicate copies and information)
- Policy visibility and enforcement (e.g. audit trails)
- Complete product information twins with end-to-end visibility
Document management (DMS software) in complex technical structures
What our customers have to say
The construction of a new power station unit prompted its operator, grid company Netzgesellschaft Dusseldorf, to look for a solution that would digitally store all documents related to the plant and establish a technical document management system. PROCAD’s technical document management system (DMStec) PRO.FILE uses item classes and metadata to mirror the entire plant by attaching documents to the ID codes of every single part. This creates a structure that is independent of the individual documents.