PRO.FILE keeps processes
flowing in the utilities industry
- always have the right version of relevant information and documents right at their fingertips
- can enter relevant information into the system while on site
- have the right information and documents to accelerate and add confidence to decision making to ensure/restore delivery reliability
Reference customer AVU
AVU is a perfect example of how customer-facing utilities providers can implement the digital management and automation of processes and why it is so important to have a Product Data Backbone as a single source of truth to support this.
- Digital management of as-designed and as-is drawings and field books
- Control of plan archiving and updating processes
- Provision of current data on the supply network
Challenge & solution
The objective was to ensure the availability of current as-built drawings to ensure the accuracy and reliability of supply network information, planning, construction, maintenance, and emergency repair services. AVU also wanted to be able to capture and document any data relevant to the supply network both in the back office and in the field.
The technical document management system PRO.FILE (DMStec) was integrated with the existing systems and data processing structures of the surveying department. PRO.FILE now controls the entire process of archiving and updating as-built plans and field book management as part of a complex workflow. This allowed AVU to improve the transparency of its processes; it now has consistent workflows and data that accelerate and add confidence to the provider’s decision making across the organization.