PRO.FILE keeps processes
flowing in the automotive industry
- enabling multi-CAD integration and best practice design processes
- mapping the engineering change process to the be followed
- ensuring full control over product data and approval processes at the click of a button
- providing current information for collaboration across distributed sites and with third parties
Customer reference Mubea
Mubea is a textbook example of how to implement seamless product data management from CAD to ERP and why it is so important to have a Product Data Backbone as a single source of truth to support this.
- An accurate picture of the product with PDM/PLM
- FILE integrates with CAD and SAP
- High level of part reuse through classification
- PROOM brings together internal and external developers
Challenge & solution
Implement product lifecycle management to keep development data, from the first design draft to the manufacturing documents and the description of the supplied product, current and valid at all times – while taking into account all change cycles and adhering to strict change order processes when it comes to series production.
With PRO.FILE Mubea now always has an accurate picture of their products. The integration between CAD and ERP systems ensures a seamless flow of data and manual entry errors have been eliminated. And with classification in place, there is no need to constantly “reinvent the wheel”. PRO.FILE ETOR completely documents the collaboration between the different Mubea locations. The collaboration with customers, external service providers, and suppliers is organized through PROOM.
We want to adapt the system to our processes and we want to be able to do so ourselves – allowing us to respond to changes quickly and without having to rely on the PLM vendor.